What is Invisalign® and how does it work?
Invisalign® is the best-known brand of clear aligners, a set of plastic trays that move the teeth without using braces. Using a computer aided 3D model of your mouth, Dr. Kitt designs a customized treatment plan to meet your specific orthodontic needs. A series of clear aligners are worn for approximately one week each to gradually and safely straighten your teeth over time.
Treatment times generally range from as few as 6 months to 18 months or more depending on the amount of movement needed. The total number of aligners you will be prescribed varies by case complexity and desired outcome. Our treatment time estimates allow for “refinements” which are additional aligners that we order to achieve your perfect smile.
During your Invisalign® treatment you will visit our office approximately every 12-15 weeks to monitor your progress. Invisalign®’s computerized technology allows you to view your projected result before you start your treatment, so you can get excited about the journey ahead. Invisalign® can be used at any age including Invisalign Teen® and Invisalign® First.
Benefits of Invisalign®
- Invisalign aligners are more esthetically pleasing and less noticeable than braces. Since they are clear, you can smile with confidence for photos and special occasions.
- You can remove aligners to eat and drink whatever you choose without the fear of messy appliances or broken braces.
- Oral hygiene is greatly improved because you can take the aligners out to brush and floss normally rather than navigating around brackets and wires.
- There is usually less irritation of the sensitive cheek and gum tissue than with traditional orthodontic appliances.
- Increased time between appointments, faster appointment durations and minimal emergency visits better suit your busy schedule.
iTero® Oral Digital Scanner
Using this advanced 3D digital scanner, we can now take virtual impressions of your teeth and bite in just a few minutes. No more impression trays or messy goop and there is no radiation required. Intraoral scans greatly increase the accuracy, efficiency and comfort of your orthodontic treatment.